Description of Fire Door Excess Gap Seal
Kilargo KG4002 is an intumescent retro-fit seal for upgrading door perimeter gaps where the clearance exceeds the maximum 3mm specified by AS1905/1.
Great budget product to save on the expense of a fire door upgrade replacement.
Used to upgrade existing fire doors with up to and including 6mm perimeter gaps.
- Can provide up to 2 hours fire resistance on proprietary fire doors.
- Non compliant fire doors can be salvaged.
- It can allow the use of a standard builders steel frame in lieu of the conventional 25mm stops with tested proprietary fire doors.
- Cost-effective solution.
- Easy retro-fit installation.
- Ideal for fire engineered solutions where extra protection is necessary for life safety.
Consists of a flame retardant PVC top hat section, encapsulating a high performance intumescent material and two rows of aggressive selfadhesive tape.
Up to and including 6mm perimeter gaps.
Dimensions: 38mm x 1.6mm
Standard Colour: White, Silver, Dark Brown
Can be painted on-site
The KG4002 intumescent seal is simply applied to the top and sides of the door frame with two rows of aggressive self-adhesive tape. No screw fixing required.
Fire tested to AS/1530.4 for up to 2 hours on proprietary fire doors Complies with AS/1905.1
Kilargo KG4002 fitted to the perimeter of the door frame.
Note: Please check with our Technical Department or the Fire Door Manufacturer for relevant test approvals and suitability for door type.
Tech Data Sheet Download